Author Topic: More Events - Good Deals (Sevier County Days May 1 - May 14)  (Read 470 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Sad as Sevier County Only per add in newspaper. Show ID.

Hatfield and McCoy (dinner included) $19.95 plus tax 865 908 7469 (Kids $9.95 plus tax)

Smoky Mtn Opry $9.95 plus tax 865 428 7469   
We will likely do this one (IF INTERESTED, Let Me Know and maybe go together - pick a date that works).

SMITH Morning Variety Show $9.95 plus tax  865 428 7469
We might try to see this also - have heard it is good and not just Charley bob - which he is good alone.

Magic Beyond Belief Darren Romeo $9.95 plus tax 865 428 5600  (he is in new theater - we saw him at Smoky Mtn Opry -- really good and different than most magic Shows).

Comedy Barn $9.95 plus tax 865 428 5222

Finally, there is a play (HS at Seymour put on by the classes) that sounds interesting (comedy and musical).
It lasts for 1HR 20 MIN with no intermission.
his week is all I know - paper did not give contact or price (????)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 12:10:23 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: More Events - Good Deals (Sevier County Days May 1 - May 14)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 06:27:29 pm »
Smoky Mtn Opry Friday, May 5, was very good.

Some parts the same as past years, but some new parts as well. And a lot of new performers since we went last (2 years ago). Some music meets my criteria (Classic Old Country) and some does not (Rock and such and New Country with Noisy Music ). However, all is done in a big production style with a lot of affects (lighting and aerial performances). Well worth the Sevier County rate of $9.95 plus tax. Good til May 14.

PICTURE Story

A little country (not enough for me) and Tribute to many of the Classic Country Artists. Closed with the number by George "Who Will Fill Their Shoes". ??? Been some good ones since them I think, but the new country is so Music Noisy compared to the old Guitar, Fiddle, and Steel Guitar.

Continue with representative scenes from different music presentations. .

Slim Chance (Juggling Comedian I guarantee with keep you laughing with his comments while performing.

His juggling is unique in objects he uses and his comments are very funny.
Here doing a bowling ball, a chicken, and forget the other object. Taht's a real bowling ball (heavy).

Here balancing a Flaming Grill  (on his chin) while twirling a rope (left hand) and a plate (right hand).

Always a Bible Portion at shows in this area.

Always a Patriotic part at shows in this area (usually last act of the show).

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:32:05 pm by PAULRIDES »

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: More Events - Good Deals (Sevier County Days May 1 - May 14)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:20:38 am »
Smith Variety Show (10:3oAM) on TUE, May 9.

We have enjoyed Charlie Bob Smith since the Smith Family Theater (original one) that was here shortly after we arrived in TN in 1997 (around 1999 I think the theater opened).

Originally it was Charlie Bob, his Dad, and an Uncle. There was some sort of a Fraud Problem that bankrupted them at that theater as I understood. They opened a second theater in a different location (more downtown Pigeon Forge) some years later.

Then the Father had some health problems (I think) and it was Charlie and his Uncle. Eventually became only Charlie Bob and his Wife and Daughter as the main show.

Then that second Smith Family Theater became the Majestic Theater with Charlie Bob and his show on various evenings. Charlie moved out and started the morning Variety Show at Smoky Mtn Opry a year ago, I think. 

Anyway, we had not seen his new show and took advantage of the Sevier County Special ($9.95th ) TUE AM.

Charlie Bob doing a lot of his previous routines (impersonations - many of them) and some new stuff with a good background band and help from two lady singers and a couple other gentlemen singers.

We enjoyed seeing him again. Talked to him a bit after the show and had a CD signed. 

PICTURE Story gives an idea of what it is.

Just a few of his impersonations. Done well with a little comedy thrown in.
Getting a little help from a lady singer (doing a Dolly and Kenny number)

He does a few of the popular groups.   

And the Oak Ridge Boys (brought out the guy with the beard - a bit of comedy).

Kermit and Louis Armstrong (It's a Wonderful World) is one of his better impersonations. 

Also, does a good job on Ray Charles.

As well as Roy Orbison.

Naturally, a little Elvis as if you gonna impersonate anyone, have to do an Elvis. 

A little audience participation - Hula Hoop judged on EFFORT as most can't do the hoop. Actually the contest between Men and Women always ends in a tie.

There is just some plain old good music as well.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:23:02 am by PAULRIDES »