Author Topic: Crazy label at the Harley Davidson dealer  (Read 350 times)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Crazy label at the Harley Davidson dealer
« on: May 13, 2017, 03:48:32 pm »
I happened to be at the Smoky Mtn HD dealership today for the plant sale at the Shed and stopped in to say hi to my son Ian.  He was busy with a customer so I spent a moment or two studying the bikes awaiting service.  One of them was a good looking new 750 Street which is one of the few HDs I like.  I noticed it had a set of factory crash bars mounted with bright silver labels on each side of the bike.  Leaning in closer to read the label I started to laugh pretty loud.  The label basically says the crash bar won't do you any good in the event of anything more severe than a parking lot tip over and it's dubious about how much protection will be provided even in that.  In fact, the label specifically states that this "guard...isn't made or intended to provide protection..." Well, what were they intended to do and why buy them then?

This whole thing strikes me as pretty ridiculous.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:22:46 pm by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Re: Crazy label at the Harley Davidson dealer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 07:29:30 pm »
I'm with you but I think this is a pretty standard label.I guess thats why they're called engine guards now.Both my Yamaha Big Bars I originally had on my V Star and the bars on my Nomad have them.I use them to attach crash bar chaps to and they work well for that.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.