Author Topic: PAULRIDES - THU June 1 and Weekend June 3 & 4 Thoughts  (Read 793 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
PAULRIDES - THU June 1 and Weekend June 3 & 4 Thoughts
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:10:43 am »
THU -- 10% and high of 82F    :)Tied up with stuff (yard work and get things ready for carpet installers coming WED). They say one day. I think more as have to take up some hardwood floor as well as install in living area and take up old carpet and install in the computer room. Carpet is Betty's idea  :groan

June 3 or 4 -- Thinking might ride to Coke Ovens Bluegrass Festival (Dalton, TN). Thought I would see if any of East TN Bikers might be interested in a ride to there (Marc lives down that way) or if someone else wants to (sent to my E Mail Riders List - not many riders on a long list).

Doubt I would do Festival alone as I have been there before and it's a lot of major road riding to get there in order to have sometime to see the museum (nice one) and grounds (ovens and exhibits) and partake of the festival and Bluegrass. 

Also, would need an early depart.

There will be food at the festival or bring snacks (probably take too much time to add a restaurant stop).

ALSO, shaky weather prediction as of now (50% for SAT), may shoot down the whole plan. 

ANYWAY, Let me know if interested in any of the above. and see what we can work out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:14:21 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: PAULRIDES - THU June 1 and Weekend June 3 & 4 Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:54:04 am »
It was beginning to look like SAT would be a rin out. Latest showing low percentage.

Not any interest from ETB except Jackie was only response (via E Mail Rider's List) for a ride to Coke Oven Bluegrass Festival. Saturday for him.

Still considering to Do It or Not To Do It. Keep eye on the weatehr.

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:44:32 pm »
Sadly, I'll be working all weekend.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »
 :ditto
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 07:13:35 am »
I can't keep up with the changing weather. As it stands now - Saturday weather looks good.

So, depending on Jackie's final plan may still make the ride to Coke Over Festival. Jackie  may have something to keep him from riding Saturday, plans to let me know FRI Eve.

I do not plan to make the trip alone as I have been there a few times and one of those was for the festival. 

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 08:55:43 pm »
It's a go. Jackie was interested (thinks he may not have been to Dunlop Coke Ovens Museum, Ovens). I ahve been a few times, but been a  long time and was only att he festival one time.

So, ride down, hopefully get there near noon, hang out a couple hours, then ride back. Hope to be back by 5PM.

Meeting at McD at Seymour about 8AM, eat a bite and/or coffee and head out around 8:30AM. It's 3HR 10 MIM ride time per GOOGLE.