Author Topic: Just a Heads Up Notice  (Read 598 times)

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
Just a Heads Up Notice
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »
When biking or driving in the City of Morristown, make sure you maintain the speed limit or lower.  I just received in today's mail a notice that on May 28 (returning from Memorial Day Ride to Veteran's Monument) I was speeding withing the City Limits of Morristown.  I forgot about them still using speed cameras.  My fault entirely.  However, it is amusing in some ways.  The ticket is $50.  If I go to court and lose it will be $50 plus $52.50 court cost.  Now let's see, I wonder if they will bring the camera and pole to the courthouse so that I can argue with it or do I have to go to the camera location and meet with the Judge there to argue my case, or, and who will be in the jury or will it just be a Judge presiding?  See how a crazy mind works!!  So I'll send them a check for the violation and plaster a big "stickum" on my windshield to be more careful when in Morristown.  I wonder when that camera was last calibrated?  Hmmm.

So beware of the Speed Cameras in Morristown.  Would 6 or 12 motorcycle riders be my peers?

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: Just a Heads Up Notice
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:41:27 pm »
Sad for you.  :groan

Nearly everyone speeds at one time or another, a lot more than we get caught I imagine. Not that any of that helps the sickening aggravation of getting a ticket.  :banghead

I wonder how close they call it (right on, 5 over, 10 over, ???). 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 07:23:40 pm »
I didn't think they even gave court dates to those camera tickets. For the reason memo on the check you could write something like rape or extortion. Although that'd be still more trouble it would feel nice for a moment.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »
Deuce, I'd rather subpoena the camera, the mounting device and the last 5 years of calibrations just to see what they would do.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 11:07:56 pm »
Check the tennessee constiturion.

It is my understanding that these camera tickets violate the tn constitution.

Call the number and demand to speak to the officer who wrote the ticket.

Camera enforcement offices are in new mexico or even offshore.

Call the courthouse and ask to speak to the officer respinsible for writing the ticket.

You may just be surprised what you learn.

Camera engorcement fines will go against your credit record, not your driving record.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:16:46 pm »
Deuce, I'd rather subpoena the camera, the mounting device and the last 5 years of calibrations just to see what they would do.

I think that's a wonderful idea actually.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.