Author Topic: Tire Sealer / Balanceer --- Ride On Brand  (Read 484 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Tire Sealer / Balanceer --- Ride On Brand
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:36:47 pm »

Only seals the tires in area a few inches off center. Expensive stuff ($15 per tire or more)

Not just for MCs.

Anyone have any experience with this brand (or opinions).

Maybe research it more?
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Re: Tire Sealer / Balanceer --- Ride On Brand
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:21:06 am »
I haven't used that brand yet but I've heard good things about it. I have run similar products due to convenience and have no complaints.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: Tire Sealer / Balanceer --- Ride On Brand
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 07:35:42 am »
Not sure it is worth the money on average (me 2 cans for like $25 or $28 on E Bay), so thats say $13 a tire.

I say on average cause so far (350,000 miles plus), I have only had think I remember one puncture that required a ride home with friend to get trailer. Had another on NINJA I plugged at home and rode the bikle another couple thousand, but got home one day from NC Ride and it was way down (lucky made it home I guess). Then had one when RVing in FL, came back to camp ground and discovered near flat.

Then Jackie had one in Cherokee - pumped it up and went to Firestone store and they would not do MCs, made it to a parking lot with a Auto Parts Store and Pawn Shop.

I had mushroom plugs and a compressor, but we could not get a seal. Jackie bought strip plugs and some glue and we finally got it sealed to get home (it went flat by next morning). Might add wiped out my compressor as Jackie wanted to run engine when using the compressor and I thought the dang bile was in gear (hadf clutch in) and shifted it to waht I thought was neutral. Let clutch out and of course wheel turned and wiped out the compressor air line. Gald Jackie did not have hand in there.

Pawn shop had a god size compressor they let us used. Jackie said he bought it, but I think we went to another auto  parts store and he bought a small compressor in case we needed it going home. I rode behind him on my bike and we stopped to look at his rear tire a couple times (looked OK so we went on home).

Anyway, if the product worked and you get a puncture and no way to fix it and could make it home or prevent a sudden loss of air, it would be worth it and life saver.

By The Way - the way the sealer only coats the middle part of the tire (I think like a inch or two on side of center) it may or may not help. Hard to think how many tires I have  installed in 347,000 + miles, but at say $13 a tire it would be a lot.

GUESS --- 10,000 miles average tire change interval (assuming both tires here) would be 340,000 divided by 10,000 = 34 x 2 tires is 68 tires at say $13 =  $884

GUESS I would take a chance on a field repair or call my tow service to get me someplace.
Or call one of you Jokers to come get me.  :happypep

PS: I have gotten as low as 6000 miles on a tire (Scooter rear until I used car tire for 20000 miles) to as high as 20000 miles on some tires (like Scooter front and darksided car tires). So, I  used 10000 as average.   
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)