Author Topic: BEIN Sports channel  (Read 45 times)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
BEIN Sports channel
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
This review might be a little different as it's a review of a TV channel.

When Ian and I went to the MotoAmerica round at Road Atlanta we saw a lot of stuff about the BEIN Sports channel.  It turned out that the MotoAmerica organizers had signed a deal with BEIN Sports to broadcast their races.  There was a BEIN Sports vendor stand at the track and we went there to get more info.  The short answer is that BEIN Sports carries both MotoAmerica and MotoGP.  To get BEIN Sports you need to get Sling TV as BEIN is one of the channels they carry.  When I got home I looked into it online.  To add Sling TV to my Roku widget cost $17/mo. or just about twice what MotoGP wants for one of their video passes.  Once I ordered it I found out that not only can I watch MotoGP and MotoAmerica but they also carry World Superbike.   Cool...all three major race series that I want to know about. 

First off, I like the ability to record races for future viewing.  I also like that the race programs are pretty well produced and the commentary is usually both knowledgeable and appropriate with enough details about the riders to help get to know the personalities involved.  So, I really like that.  BEIN Sports also carries other Euro sports like the Spanish Football League (Soccer) and some of the other sports are pretty interesting. Think ESPN for sports most Americans don't get to watch.  Sling TV also offers other channels including a Motorsports channel that covers things like European Rallying which is amazing.  It turns out there's a lot more to Motorsports than NASCAR!

So, bottom line, if you'd like to get to see the best motorcycle riders in the world on the fastest bikes in the world...BEIN Sports is a great deal.   

(Or, alternatively, we can just schedule race parties at my house and you can watch them with me and Ian!  Appropriate adult refreshments are served.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:48:18 pm by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: BEIN Sports channel
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »
(Or, alternatively, we can just schedule race parties at my house and you can watch them with me and Ian!  Appropriate adult refreshments are served.)

:21

Shoot also.  :pop   ;D
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)