Author Topic: PAULRIDES Sep 27 - A Car Ride with Wisconsin Folks - Anakeesta & Alamo  (Read 228 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Car ride because the ladies went with us (Jim / Karen & Paul / Betty) to check out the new attraction in Gatlinburg called Anakeesta (Cherokee for Land of High Ground). It was offered FREE to Sevier County and you could bring a guest.

FREE was the chairlift up the Mtn to the attractions (couple of shops, a BBQ Stand that is expensive, a bridge walk thru the tree canopy,  Zip Line would be extra fee -- 50% discounted at a price of $15, and very little shaded areas to get into). The views from there are beautiful. Normal Fee for the Chairlift up there is around $20 depending on adult, senior, child. They have a Parking Lot --- expensive at $10. I elected to let everyone out and I found a place on the road by the river FREE, but ended up 12 minute walk back and 12 minute walk to go get the car.

It was a warm chairlift ride, goes slow as they also have a few cabins they have to stop the chairs and unload and load passengers. It was hot in the sun on Wednesday whn we went up. Comfortable coming down as the sun was behind clouds or on our back. Also there was a breeze and the view coming down the Mtn is beautiful -- good view of the burned castle (I took several pictures of that).

We did lunch later (about 2:30PM) at the Alamo -- my FREE B-Day Meal (anything on the menu -- like a $34 20 OZ Porterhouse Bone In). I ate half and took half home.

PICTURE Story is self explained
NOTE:
The bridge Walk (15 Swinging bridges between platform that run thru the trees - very nice).
The Castle (burned) as I came down the Mtn on the chairlift.
Karen missed our chair going up the Mtn due to some confusion caused by the operator and caught a second chair. :-)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:02:58 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: PAULRIDES Sep 27 - A Car Ride with Wisconsin Folks - Anakeesta & Alamo
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:01:50 am »
The trip down the Mtn Chairlift was very comfortable with a light breeze and sun behind clouds or on our back. Great views of Gatlinburg, and the Mtns (note the burned castle).

Then a couple pictures of my B-Day Lunch at Alamo.  :pop

We also drove by the Ripken Sp[orts Complex (baseball facility for youth teams). Draws a lot of people to this area as you can imagine (players, parents, relatives, friends).
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)