Author Topic: THU, Oct 12, - Ride to meet Marc (Deliver MC Stuff He Bought from Jim)  (Read 57 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Jim sold his VTX 1300 and is BIKELESS first time min 20 years (Has hardly ridden any in last 3 or 4 years anyway).

He had some MC Stuff to see, I bought bags and Frogg Toggs. Marc bought mounting and two CBs. So, I agreed to be the delivery guy for Marc -- just another ride for me and save shipping or Marc coming all the way from Evansville to Kodak.

Meeting TerrE at Marathon (Jct of 411 and 95 which is north of Vonore) at 9:20AM. Headed on down Hwy 411 past Vonore and cut east to Marc's workplace (NAPA in Dayton).

Hope to get there  before Marc's lunch break at 11AM. He only has 30 MIN, so we will just hang out there for BS while he has his lunch (he brings his lunch).

We will probably eat something (Fast Food Like) after we leave Marc. Then head to Pikeville and go up the Sequatchie Valley to Crossville and home from there (Probably Hwy 70 and maybe the good route around Rockwood, eventually the Pellissippi to home or Hwy 321 to harley in Maryville and then Hwy 411 home). . 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Re: THU, Oct 12, - Ride to meet Marc (Deliver MC Stuff He Bought from Jim)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:33:17 pm »
I'm always sorry to hear about someone leaving the sport even while realizing there are usually good reasons for doing so.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: THU, Oct 12, - Ride to meet Marc (Deliver MC Stuff He Bought from Jim)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:37 am »
Yes, we rode a good deal together back when --- he has been inactive for several years, let the bike set til carb's got messed up. Got that all fixed a few months ago and did not really ride.

Apparently. just got worried about accidents.  As far as I know, he has never had one. 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)