Author Topic: AZ Maricopa County Police Shooting: Brailsford - Shaver (VIDEO)  (Read 210 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
AZ Maricopa County Police Shooting: Brailsford - Shaver (VIDEO)
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:55:47 am »
found not guilty of second-degree murder and reckless manslaughter by a Maricopa County jury on Thursday, the Arizona Republic reports. It was posted online by the attorney for Shaver’s wife, Laney Sweet, who is suing the Mesa Police Department for $75 million and had been fighting for the release of the video.

You can watch the video below.

I add the first part is hardly worth watching (just police moving from lower floor to next floor of hotel). They start asking folks to step out of the room at 6:30 on Video and shooting occurs shortly after after 16 MIN point.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/daniel-shaver-philip-brailsford-mesa-police-shooting-video-full/?b2np=d
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Re: AZ Maricopa County Police Shooting: Brailsford - Shaver (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:58:30 pm »
That was a totally unnecessary shooting.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: AZ Maricopa County Police Shooting: Brailsford - Shaver (VIDEO)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »
You or I would be in jail after an expensive trial for unnecessary force in such a situation.

It becomes a BIG LEGAL DECISION when you "self defend" with a Fire Arm (better be able to show Fear for Your Life and not use Excessive Force).

MY Thoughts::

Tough call for police dealing with what they don't know is coming around the corner so to say. 

That said - ridiculous procedure, cross legs get up on knees hands up and crawl your self up here (with legs crossed).   Make one mistake and I will shoot you.

Not sure I could do that sober and the guy had been drinking. However, he did tell the police he was not drunk and understood the instructions earlier. 

Guy prior to all that crawl command was flat on ground, saying don't shoot me, hands out or behind his head and legs crossed, 5 or 6 cops there besides the tattooed nut cop (not that all tattooed folks are nuts -- know at least one that is not HA!) with the assault weapon -- why not just go down there and handcuff him?
  :pop

I would not want to be a cop and deal with such and most I think are good people. However, this kind of crap and the news of excessive brutality, corruption in their ranks, and cover ups sure put a doubt as to how you might be treated.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:08:28 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)