Author Topic: PAULRIDES Dec 11 - Gym Lunch, Cades Cove Ride on a Left over Snow Day  (Read 221 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Things don't get much better than  Christmas party (lunch) at the gym, meet up with the Ol Rider (Jackie) for a Cades Cove loop on a left over little bit of beauty from the snow we had,. 

PICTURE Story:

The beauty snow (one that on things, about 3/4 inch, but not on the street) we had this past weekend.

Then the Christmas Lunch for Silver Slippers exercise class at ClubFit 101. Gal on left is the Energizer Bunny and the Mouth (never seen anyone in my life so enthusiastic), everyone loves her. She gives all to the class and event. Food is waiting (let's eat, enough is enough).  

The staff received some appreciation Christmas Gift from the class. Two ladies on left are part of the staff, guy in green to right of them with cap is Father of owner, owner is guy in black and conducts some of the classes. Rest are class members.  

My opinion --- Best Decorated Table, but judges picked another. 

THE RIDE:  Met Jackie outside the gym for a 12:15PM depart on our loop to Cades Cove (been along time since I ran that route).

Some snow in shaded areas on the road to Cades Cove from Hwy 73.

Entering Cades Cove.

Snowman will not last much longer (they live a short life around here). That's a GOOD THING.

Some of the original residents rest in peace in a beautiful place.  If you gonna be buried -- this would be a nice place for it.

Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: PAULRIDES Dec 11 - Gym Lunch, Cades Cove Ride on a Left over Snow Day
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »
Moving on thru the cove and to home.

PICTURE Story

As we were leaving the Cove, we took the gravel road over to the end and U-Turned back to the road out of Cades Cove. Heading north to the road out of the Cove (turned around at the intersection to head back south to the road out of the Cove). 

Heading back south to the road out of the Cove.

Back on the road out of the Cove (soon caught a slow poke for a couple miles --- four cars and us behind him rest of the way out of the cove and to the intersection of Hwy 73 GROAN). Rest of the trip was pretty decent, several folks had sense enough to use the pullouts.  :groan 

Finally, after leaving the cove -- last stop before home was a break at Harley in Pigeon Forge for coffee and bathroom.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)