Author Topic: PAULRIDES Jan 11 - Loop Greene County Scenic Roads to BOGO Lunch @ALAMO  (Read 394 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
After studying weather conditions and early morning predictions and Radar (future Radar), decided couple ride to NE, come back to Pigeon Forge by 11:30AM for the Buy One Get One lunch at the Alamo and make it home with no worse than a light shower. Future radar showed no rain in NE direction.

Plan worked including a light shower that caught me for about 2 miles before I made it into the basement garage. Put things away and opened the garage door and it was sunshine.

Except for some damp looking roads (make me nervous), it was a nice day (47F start and saw mostly 60sF -- but had a sudden drop to 59F in Pigeon Forge about 11:07AM just before reaching the Alamo Steakhouse.

Always like the ride up Hwy 107 and then the county roads west and north of there (Greene County Scenery). Took a cut across to Hwy 321 from Hwy 107 and then back to Newport for the return to Pigeon Forge.  A solid 3 hour ride with no stops.

PICTURE Story.

Fain Hill at about 8:00 AM going to meet Jackie at Exxon --- wondering if this is smart looking at the skyline.

Start time and temp on Boyds Creek Rd. 8:14AM and 47F

A view on Boyds Creek Rd -- sky to east looks better.

Nina Rd is a cut over from Hwy 113 to Hwy 25E (near White Pine) -- pretty nice ride with some scenery. We saw a very large flock of Turkey (two Tom's in the flock) and a good size herd of Deer grazing about 11 feet off the road). No pictures of the Turkey or Deer (came up on them to fast to get camera out).

Sky looks better on 25E at the new bridge.

OK -- the good part of the ride starts here -- heading North on Hwy 107 (next six pictures). The damp roads in some areas sort of too away a bit of the fun.

We are on Hwy 107 heading to the turn off for the county roads in Greene County.

Note the house on the hill in distance sort of behind trees in 11th picture (picture with couple barns on left and house on right) and close up of the house in 12th picture. I thought neat to get both pictures of the house.  :pop

Greene County Scenery (gotta like it even if you are a Ride To Eat Rider). By the way we were Ride To Eat Riders this day (Alamo BOGO) - just took the long way around to get there (about 3 hours of steady riding -- no stops).

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:49:11 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Continue with scenic Greene County on way back to Newport - then to ALAMO Steakhouse.

PICTURE Story

Some more of scenic Greene County on the cut over from Hwy 107 to Hwy 321.

Note House on Hill in Distance (4th Picture)  then close up of house in 5th pixture (as close as you can get -- they are a bit off the road). NICE

Made it to Hwy 321 for the run back to Newport. That be Jackie back there (over the shoulder picture).

Great country scenes I think.

Back in Newport.

Then to Hwy 411 to Bush Bean and was behind a slow Tractor Trailer Truck -- so took detour to the Ride rd to get back to Hwy 411.
Going up to the ridge.

Top of the ridge (seen this view hundreds of times).

Continue on to the Alamo (one more temp reading -- see 59F in Pigeon Forge - a sudden drop from mid 60s)

This be all the pictures --- DANG Good Meal for $5.00 each plus Tax and Tip (It was a BOGO - so we split the price). Lunch Menu has several $10 meals.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:46:24 am by PAULRIDES »

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
You 2 have all the fun.I know I say this every year but hopefully I get to play more this year.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
You 2 have all the fun.I know I say this every year but hopefully I get to play more this year.

Hope so.
Nice if we could have a ride for one of the BOGO Lunches before the deals run out.

Need even number of riders.  Maybe some other ETB join us.  :pop