Author Topic: PAULRIDES Jan 19, 20, 21 - Despite Weather & Other Stuff, get to RIDE SOME  (Read 198 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
FRI was Betty's B-Day at the Diner on Hwy 66 (Free B-Day Meal). It's a 1950s place. Betty did not want a picture - can't use make up for a week due to cataract surgery last MON.

SAT was sort of a ride (errand to Flea Market for snack and then to the gym -- included a meetup with Jim Wilson and his gang to look at MCs).

Jim was just looking (you know how that goes). He bought a nice looking used 2008 KAWA 900 Classic Cruiser with like 18900 miles on it.

SUN was the ride day decided to wait until SUN due to weather predictions of 62F. I saw from 38F to 64F which was good, but disappointed in the amount of cloud coverage once I got north into Blaine area.

I rode up to Chuck Swan and did a little shooting (75 rounds of 22 and 30 rounds of 9MM), Took quickest way up there and a bit longer route home with a stop at AT Cole Store to have a cracker snack, a little BS Session, and warmth for a Pot Belly Stove.

PICTURE Story

The Diner 1950s theme.

Jim's Bike 2008 KAWA Classic Cruiser and two of his Gang Members (guys on the right). Salesmen on left.

Sunday Ride to Chuck Swan Range and Shoot

Jim Fain Road about 8:53AM.

Boyds Creek a bit later ( 38F). Soon got to 40sF after a quick stop at Burger King on Hwy 66.

Can't pass up a $0.79 Sausage Biscuit. Burger King

Moving on up the road, north of Luttrell.

About an hour into the rdie and 30 minutes from Chuck Swan. 45F

Hwy 61 has a few nice sections.

Another Country Scene on Sharps Chapel Rd before Chuck Swan.

Did about an hour and half at Chuck Swan (one guy showed up with a rifle shooting at 50 and 100 yards so took time for him to set up targets and walk back and forth to check them). Can't say he was as considerate about letting me walk up to the pistol targets (shot most at 20 / 21 feet and less). Guy actually fired his rifle while I had walked up to the pistol target  (different line of fire --- I was hoping).

Shot 22 Revolver as Target Shoot -- some at 45 feet Supported Against a Post and some at 22 feet Free Hand.
Beats me, think I could do better as I do better with my pump up BB Pistol (4 pumps) at 42 feet in my basement (peep sight gun).

Shot some 22 SEMI AUTO Pistol as kind of a Self Defense practice. Do better with it than the 9MM.

Shot some 9MM as kind of Self Defense practice. Need a lot of practice.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:35:36 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
The rest of the ride pictures are from the trip home. I did a favorite back road route from Sharp Chapel Road (turn off just South of the Chuck Swan Range to head East). Ended up at a Country Store for a warm-up (pot bellied stove) and a BS Session.  ;D

PICTURE Story

Like I said a back road route from Chuck Swan to the Country Store. Looking at some of the pictures of old abandoned houses and barns, I would venture a guess that life was a bit hard for some.

Pot Bellied Stoves have character like some of the roads. Not that it was very cold outside by then (1PM around upper 50sF). It is just nice to sit around one with an Ice Cream Sandwich.

ANOTHER picture of House Mtn State Park taken form NE.

Streams were painted with a white outline along the banks (Mother Nature's Painting with ice). 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)