Author Topic: Good Bye  (Read 328 times)

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
Good Bye
« on: February 02, 2018, 02:22:20 pm »
Just said good bye to an old friend. Killed by a pack of dogs yesterday.  I emptied my pistol at them and went with the police to the dogs owners house while my buddy took Chance to the vet.  He died on the operating table.
Semper Fi

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Re: Good Bye
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 07:37:59 pm »
Sorry for your loss Sarge they are like family.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 08:22:05 pm »
It was my next door neighbors dog, but came to my house first thing every morning to be fed and hook up with my Red Bone Hound. I will miss him. He was like an old friend.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 08:28:57 pm »
The two of them together.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 09:11:35 pm »
Hate to hear that.

You confused me as you said a pack of dogs, then said it was neighbor's dog that came to be fed every morning. 

What happened?
Maybe, I have it figured out.
A pack came and attacked both your dog and the white one?
Looked like dogs were friends in the one picture (is that yours and Chance)?
The Red Bone Hound killed and the white dog (Chaace) injured and died at Vets?

Did you hit any with your pistol (I hope). Too bad can't shoot the owner.    :D

Only F______ TN Law on dogs running loose is: Basically have to stay on owner's property can't be on public roads or other people's property.  Not that anyone enforces or gives a crap about the law. 

Neighbor's dogs running loose are a sore point with me. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:24:54 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 09:22:42 pm »
This photo was taken of my buddies  dog and my dog together. They loved each other.  The white dog was attacked by 4 dogs that belonged to another neighbor. He had 6 dogs and 2 of them attacked my dog last October. I killed them.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 09:24:44 pm »
Last photo was injuries suffered by my dog last October.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:26:46 pm »
White dog died. Red dog recovered from attack last October.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 09:27:49 pm »
That owner should be put in jail (or shot). His dogs would as soon attack a person or a child.

Bad enough they go around attacking other dogs.  They should have done something with him or his dogs last OCT.

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 09:29:30 pm »
I agree. Bad situation.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »
So, what did the police do this time --- NOTHING?

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 09:30:46 pm »
This will be resolved.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 09:31:20 pm »
Spent the morning at the Sheriff's department with Ben.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 09:32:02 pm »
Nothing so far.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »
Still confused. Let's see if I finally got it?

Red dog (yours) and White dog (neighbors - called chance) were friends? Chance ran loose also and came over to be with your dog? (picture of two of them)

Pack came and attacked both yours and Chance? Killed Chance - your dog survived?

Or, was it they only attacked Chance (white dog) this time?

Your dog (red) also attacked last Oct and survived? (pretty sure I got that right).

Sorry, this crap of dogs running loose upsets me A LOT. 

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »
Only attacked Chance this time.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 09:44:01 pm »
Our dogs stayed close to home. Ben and I have 5 acres each.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 09:51:11 pm »
You got it Paul.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 10:46:09 pm »
Our dogs are not just pets.  They keep the 4 legged critters from eating our crops and killing our chickens. They also keep the 2 legged critters "drug addicts" from taking our stuff to the local pawn shop for their next fix.
Semper Fi

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 01:01:38 am »
Darrell,

Sorry about your four legged friend.  That is sad news and pretty disturbing.  I would suppose that the owner(s) of the dogs that attacked would be liable for the damage their dogs did but I have no real idea whether collecting from them would be practical.  I'm with Paul, dogs running around loose, especially if they're aggressive, can pose a real problem.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 07:05:48 am »
We all have our home owners insurance through Farm Bureau. They're pretty good about paying claims. I did not have to pay because in October when my dog was attacked by Jerry's dogs,  they came on my property.  Law says they are fair game then. I had no vet bill so I didn't file a claim, just killed the guilty dogs. They stayed away for a long time after that until this happened.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 09:51:16 am »
Understand you not having a civil claim or filing a claim as no damage done. 

A criminal claim (violation of law) should be filed by Law Enforcement as dogs are not supposed to be on other people's property of public roads.

Most (not all) dog owners don't give a crap about the law or concern for others when you get right down to it (such  cute, nice mannered, no biting, no barking, no taking a crap in other folks yards, and  no MC chasing dogs that they all have  :groan  :banghead).

Nothing serious in this hood.

However,  had next door neighbor's dog (Cocker Spaniel) that loved dropping by to be petted when it was out with them and sometimes they just let it out to wonder around a couple yards (which I did pet as she always came to great - nice dog but dang if one day she didn't nip at me while petting her, seemed sensitive in one area).

Another behind me neighbor's dog ran loose when they were outside (usually they were out with the dog, not always). Funny little Dotson that liked to bark at and attack Lawn Mowers (walk behind I had) and I played games with it and the lawn mower. Sometimes he would get a little aggressive barking at me. He is gone now, one day the dog did not return home from an excursion.

Another next door neighbor had a barking X-Police German Sheppard (owned by a lady sheriff), dog in a pen that was beside their house against the hood rules (supposed to be at back of property). Dang dog  barked anytime you were out doing anything. It was usually kept in at night but one night out all night barking about every 15 minutes. I looked over there and three cars in driveway. My thought was "Why in hell did she not get that dog in." Long story: She had to go someplace and left the dog out that night (she was not home) I found out when we had an exchange about it. I had left a note on her door the next AM. She apologized but at same time made some comment about dogs will bark. I responded not if they are kept in or trained not to bark with a bark collar. Fortunately, she had to move, unfortunately she came back and then put the pen behind the house closer to the other neighbor (so, he got a dose of it). Then she moved again and sold the house.

New owner of that house has a cat and thinks it has to run loose at times and lets it out.  Main problem is the cat comes around (on deck 10 foot up, and front porch) and sets off my motion detectors frequently enough that it is aggravating. I let him know about it but also qualified that it was not a big problem and I would let him know if it was. 

People need to keep their animals to their self (on their property) and give consideration to other folks property and peace of mind.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2018, 01:13:50 pm »
We all have our home owners insurance through Farm Bureau. They're pretty good about paying claims. I did not have to pay because in October when my dog was attacked by Jerry's dogs,  they came on my property.  Law says they are fair game then. I had no vet bill so I didn't file a claim, just killed the guilty dogs. They stayed away for a long time after that until this happened.

Wouldn't it be the attacking dogs owners that would have to pay?  I had a horse run into my van in England and it was the horse's owner that paid for the body repairs.  I would have thought that any animals owner would be responsible for any damage or injury caused by his animal.  In this case, the damage would be the death of your friend's dog and the owners of the attacking mutts get to pay damages.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:38:27 am by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2018, 02:18:46 pm »
Yes. Jerry's insurance will pay Ben. We all have our home owners insurance through Farm Bureau. They may cancel Jerry's insurance if he don't get rid of the dogs.
Semper Fi

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »
OK...got it.  Yeah, glad Jerry gets to shoulder the responsibility.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:37:52 am by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 07:43:39 pm »
Me too. Hoping he will get rid of the dogs. If he don't,  that problem will have to be resolved.
Semper Fi

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 07:49:00 pm »
I like dogs in general. Vicious dogs need to be contained or controlled in some manner. If they run loose in this neighborhood, someone may eliminate them.
Semper Fi