Author Topic: PAULRIDES Feb 3, 2018 - Ride to Bubbling Spring for a Target Kill  (Read 190 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
I messed around and Betty fixed a late lunch so I was late getting away (about 1:00PM). Decided to ride by Bubbling Spring Range and see if could get a few rounds of 22, 380, and 9MM on some targets.

Got there about 2:20PM and DANG --  there were 3 guys there (two rifle shooters and one guy spotting with a spotting scope).

That works OK cause I only wanted the 25 yard range for pistol ( the 380 and 9 MM walked up closer to 21 and 15 feet). I shot the 22 Revolver from the table at 25 yards just to see if I could hit anything. So, only 25 rounds of 380, 20 rounds of 9MM, and 30 rounds of 22 Revolver.

Should have finished by 3:30PM, but with sharing shots with two others, delays setting targets, and wind blowing my target down when at 25 yards, it took until 4PM. Finally got out of there at 4:20PM -- had to hurry home as travel time varies  from 1 HR 15 MIN to 1HR 30 MIN depending on traffic and how much you speed (did I say that?). Made it home by 5:35PM.

PICTURE Story  

Noted some snow on Mtn (hill) tops over in Newport area. Also, clouds moving in (clouds for Eller, best I could do, sorry).

Looks like they are expecting some snow or ice -- salt sprayed Hwy 107.

Saw temperatures from 45F to 47F on this ride (seemed colder, needed thermal underwear on top rather than just a T and a heavy shirt). I did also have a jacket, my protective armor, a MC Jacket, and a Frogg Togg Rain Jacket. Wasn't bad, just felt cooler than 45F usually does. Very near Bubbling Spring turn off.

Bore you with 3 target pictures. Overall, I think Ia m getting a bit better (had a couple wild ones for sure).

Bright skies to the west and snow on Mtns (Hills) caught my eye coming home (pictures taken on Hwy 411 as I was moving west toward Sevierville).

That be Bluff Mtn in distance peaking up into the bright sky background. Talking about the little one in the middle, not the larger one on the left.

A bit closer view of Bluff Mtn here.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
Re: PAULRIDES Feb 3, 2018 - Ride to Bubbling Spring for a Target Kill
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:22:06 am »
I love Bubbling Springs.  Great ride and pretty good place to shoot.
Semper Fi

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: PAULRIDES Feb 3, 2018 - Ride to Bubbling Spring for a Target Kill
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:33:28 pm »
Agree, except when crowded. And, targets are hard to hit (for me).  :banghead

That may not be the fault of the range.  :-[
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)