Author Topic: PAULRIDES Feb 15 - Loop Greene County & Newport on a Windy/Beautiful Day  (Read 160 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Ma Nature resisted as best she could with wet roads in AM and wind in PM but screwed up and provided temperatures like upper 60sF and lower 70sF. ABOUT DANG TIME  :happyrider

Just Ken and Paul as Jackie needed to take care of his dog. Hope he and the dog are doing OK.

We waited until 11:30AM for a meetup on Hwy 66 to allow roads to dry our (makes for more fun with dry roads). Probably could have left a bit earlier. Simply met on Hwy 66, went thru Dandridge, then NE to Greenville area, then Hwy 107 to a favorite back road route to hwy 340 (Love Green County Scenery). Took Manning Chapel backroad off of Hwy 340 to 25W to Newport and eventually Hwy 92 to Dandridge, then back to Hwy 66.

Have to say Ma Nature gave us a little challenge (or should I say made the ride more interesting) with a bunch of wind on the last hour or so of the ride. Got home at about 4:15PM with  I think about 150 miles.

Picture Story

CLOUDS and more CLOUDS made a Cloud Beauty Ride Day.

This little church or School (church I think) is behind the BP on Hwy 66 (between BP and Swaggerty). First time I have ever seen it in 21 years, rode by for a quick look and picture before going to BP to meet Ken. Ken was there waiting and we left a bit earlier than 11:30AM. Go by another day and walk up for a picture without the tree.

Took this picture on a loop thru the 0.1% Neighborhood off of Hwy 139.  

Part of the new Hwy 66 leading to Hwy 160 is in use. We took Mansfield Gap planning to join Hwy 66 as in the past (ran into a road block, turned right about 1 mile down to get on the new hwy 66). It's a mess around there.

This is where Mansfield Gap use to join Hwy 66.

Just a view from Hwy 160 heading to Hwy 113.

Hwy 113 - like farm views as bad as some are.

Instead of taking Hwy 340 off of Hwy 113, we went north and took a backroad back down to Hwy 348 and finally got on Hwy 349 for the final run to Hwy 321 near Greenville. Took some good Greene County backroads over to Hwy 107 for a stop at Creekside Market.

Took a break at Creekside market on Hwy 107, then more favorite backroads in roads in Greene County.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Picture Story

I like Greene County Roads. 

Some have more Character than others, this is Peanut Hill Rd (takes you to Hwy 340 and has some character).

Hwy 340 Manning Chapel (another good backroad and last road pictures I took) ends up at Hwy 25W.

We said our Good Bys at the boat ramp on Hwy 92 (just south of Dandridge) and took Hwy 139 back to Hwy 66.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:11:58 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)