Author Topic: PAULRIDES Feb 27 - Ride with TerrE First(Devil Triangle) & Myself Second(Hwy 66)  (Read 182 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Met TerrE, Ken, and Kevin at the Race Trac for a Devil Triangle loop.

Then to Rocky Top, TN (Subway for them and McD small burger with my orange and apple) for me. Followed TerrE to Andersonville (Hwy 61) where he turned south and I continued on Hwy 61 to Hwy 33 (near Maynardsville). Crossed Hwy 33 for a favorite backroad to home.

I think we crossed paths again at Hwy 61 and a Ridge Rd. I had taken the ridge off of Hwy 61 for a couple of view photos and when I came back to Hwy 61, I saw a orange bike go by. Didn't realize then that it was Kevin -- now think it was as a bit later I had caught up some and saw them on a curve ahead (3 bikes, pretty sure it was them).

I never did catch them, I have a feeling they took Hwy 170 off of Hwy 61 and I stayed on Hwy 61. I would have waited to split at Hwy 170 had I know TerrE was coming back to Hwy 66.

Anyway, it was a nice day (chilly AM, but nice for Feb) and enjoyed the ride (156 miles for me).

PICTURE Story

FEB warmth we have had shows up in MA Nature with blooms everyplace. There is still winter I am sure --- ave last freeze is Apr 6. GROAN Feel sorry for the blooms. :-(

Meetup was early --- about 11:10AM VS 11:30AM scheduled, so we got an early start on the ride. :-)  Pictures FIRST.

Devil Triangle -- great day for it with no leaves on the trees.

End of the coal era (like end of buggy whip manufactures). Clean energy rules.

And people in the area have suffered.

Not often I go by this store on DT without a stop, missed it following TerrE on his way to lunch (don't get in the way).  :happyrider

Difficult times in the area.

Crossing the River at the RR Tracks -- I think about 1/2 way thru the DT.

Some good even more challenging curves on the second half of the DT. Doesn't bother TerrE on his Harley (sportbike).

Had a number of repairs and utility work going on -- short delay here on Hwy 116 heading for Rocky Top. .

Church on the Hill as we reached Briceville, TN.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
A couple more pictures getting to Rocky Top, then followed TerrE as far as Andersonville where he turned south.

I figured TerrE was heading south and then back toward his "hood" which is west. I like Hwy 61, so I continued East at Andersonville.

PICTURE Story

Continue to Rocky top.

Leaving town (Rocky Top) and onto some favorite roads (Bluff and River Rd). Had never noticed this museum before -- go check it out someday.

Bluff and River Rd to Norris area for Hwy 61 east.

OK -- Hwy 61 all by myself. :happypep

Took a short run up a ridge road from Hwy 61 and u-turned back to Hwy 61 (think I saw Kevin go by when I was nearly back to Hwy 61).

Back on Hwy 61 - like a series of moderate curves, but plenty sharp ones including switchbacks on this road.

Reached Hwy 33 and crossed over it to a backroad ride (good one).

The backroad above (after crossing Hwy 33) can lead to Harless Rd if you go that way. I did -- been sometime since rode Harless Rd. (I thought it was Hairless at one time).

Anyway, finally went thru Corryton, TN after a break at a station for bathroom and hot chocolate. Then  a road around my favorite landmark (House Mtn State Park) in this picture to right of silos.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)