Author Topic: PAULRIDES MAR 4 - Waterfall, Blooming Trees&Flowers, Views, Roads(Beauty Day)  (Read 113 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Beautiful clear sky day (sorry Eller - not a cloud in sight).

A new Waterfall was main destination (thanks to Keith's INFO). There was a BKF (Food City) to start the ride (started at 10:20AM) and plenty scenery, blooming trees and flowers, and of course roads (Summit, Homestead, Foothills, Flat and Butterfly Gap to name a few). What more could a rider want?

PICTURE Story - Start with the Waterfall as that was he main destination.  

Road into the falls location.

Easy access to the falls from a parking lot for a Pool and Clubhouse. Sun was in right location (about noon I guess).

Move to the falls for closer look.

Telephoto a bit.

A trail takes you to the top of the falls (had pictures of the trail -- lost them when downsizing, that happens with FOTOSIZER some times, lost three this time).

Return to the Honda (left it all alone). You can see this is a cabin rental area (nice quite place to relax).

GPS showed a road past the parking lot that dead ends -- it was basically a dirt road with very little gravel. Decided to take a look.

Yep, it dead ends (looks nice back in thee).

Leaving the cabin rental area where the waterfall was located. Certainly an early spring (been near or just below freezing last couple nights -- things seemed to have weathered it). Hope they make it -- last freeze on average is April 6 (have a ways to go).

Small house with some property -- probably needs some work.

Now for the ride startling with BKF at Food City (hard to beat for $3.20 with tax). I got the last of what they had at 9:45AM (sold out). Two more people right  behind me - glad I got there when I did.

First part of the ride was on the way to Summit Mtn (I call it Summit Mtn -- it's a 0.1%'ers hood). That be Bluff Mtn as seen from Goose Gap Rd (Summit is part of Bluff Mtn - just on south side of it).

Entrance to Summit -- there are some of the blooming trees. I HAVE NEVER SEEN the trees so full of blooms as this early spring brought. You will see more as the ride goes on. This be the main entry to Summit off of Walden Creek Rd.

I rode up and up and up to the ridge at Summit and out the back side (to the west of the ridge it goes down down and down some more).

There is a lot of new construction going on at the Summit including the lost popular area (the ridge).

And then you go down, down, and more down in next REPLY.  BEAUTIFUL CLEAR DAY.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
PICTURE Story

Some more down we go (continue from first post).

Which led to the road to the Waterfalls (covered in first Post).  So after the waterfalls, headed for Homestead Mtn via a short run back to Walden Creek Rd which becomes E Miller Cove Rd.

Told you there would be more blooming trees (good substitute for white clouds - right Eller?)

Turned at the house above onto Walden Creek Rd -- a beautiful valley (maybe the nicest around here or at least one of the nicest). I have taken so many pictures of that valley, that I only took two pictures this time ( horse ride leaving and a country scene with stream running by the road and thru a pasture).

Then one of E Miller Cove -- leads to the turn for Homestead Mtn.

Just three pictures of Homestead taken on the South side going down, down, down.

Finally reached the bottom and saw this weird shaped Willow and a blooming tree.

Took a short break at Walland (small Hot Choclolate and when I went to pay, they said on us).

View from the bridge seen above.

Then back to Foothills Parkway for a one picture view -- Cumberland Mtns far to the north seen on a clear day.

I took Flat Rd thru Top of the World community to Butterfly Gap as a retunr back to the east from Foothills Parkway. Always an interesting ride, I pictured a short part of the downhill on Butterfly Gap.

This is where Butterfly Gap goes under the Foothills Parkway on the way down.

And Down we go. See some more down next REPLY. .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:38:37 am by PAULRIDES »

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
PICTURE Story

Continue Butterfly Gap - goes down, down -- It's a long way down. :happypep

Then you reach bottom for a stream view ride. I stopped for these two pictures (mirror and then shot over my shoulder at the same scene).

Country Church - makes more sense than the money wasted on the churches of now.

And, more blooms -- told you would be.

A horse operation on Ellejoy Rd.

THAT's ALL FOLKS !!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:43:47 am by PAULRIDES »