Author Topic: PAULRIDES Apr 3 - The Sled (Pancake) -- Character Rd Loop to Del Rio (Fox Den)  (Read 69 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Kept thinking about that pancake I did not get last Saturday. So, made it to The Sled about noon (BKF over, but lady said she would make me a pancake when I gave her my sad crying story).  :)

The decided to ride toward Del Rio (south on Hwy 107). The decided to explore and found a DGCR (DANG Good Character Road). It was loop off of Hwy 107 back to Hwy 107 at Del Rio downtown. Saw the Fox Den Restaurant (have heard it is really good). Stopped in for a coffee i did not need to check it out. Reasonable enough and a big area for a group (not that I have a group).

Anyway, gonna go have BKF there some morning. Hate to pass up the THE SLED (better prices), but a little variety is nice. 

Let about 10:15AM after was sure the thunderstorms were gone. had a slight one earlier (mostly north of us). Got back about 3:30PM after a 100 miles and a stop at Smoky Mtn Guns and Buds checking prices on Standard or Lower Velocity AMMO for the keyholing Revolver. Did not see Jim E at either gun place (what gives?) :-)

PICTURE Story

Couple scenes close to home (3 to be exact).

A couple Literally) scenes close to Chestnut Hill (near Bush Bean).

Took OLD HWY 411 (road to right) as it's a good ride and now no more truck since New Hwy 411 is completed.

Still get good picture (telephoto'ed in) of this falls (French Broad off of Hwy 25W/70) since no tree leaves yet.

FIRST and ONLY Destination. Thanks to the lady for making a pancake after BKF Hours. GOOD, especially for a $1 pancake and $0.50 coffee. Peanuts on the table as well.

Then just ride and ended up heading for Del Rio (partly cause wanted to check out the Fox Den Restaurant). Saw a road to the right of Hwy 107 and thought might find some Character Road. I did -- a DGCR.

This is the first turn left after the turn to the right (looked more like a Character Road).
Like Banjo's do you? OK THEN!!!!  Bunch of pictures before ending back at the Fox Den in Del Rio DOWNTOWN.  :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:50:27 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Continue Character Rd to main road back to Hwy 107 (Del Rio and Fox Den).

PICTURE Story

Character Road gets better. Banjos louder also - then low and behold, a Big Nice Church.

It's downhill just past the church (DOWN DOWN).

Then if I am correct - this is after I intersected the main road back to Hwy 107 at Del Rio and Fox Den.

Nice clean place. Been told very good food.

Big Area for Big Groups.

Heading back to Hwy 25W / 70 from Del Rio.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:50:58 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)