Author Topic: Laws of Self Defense are Very Complicated and Not To Be Taken Lightly  (Read 99 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Hear a lot of what I call "Redneck Talk" ( no offense against Rednecks that are good Rednecks, there are some good ones  O)) ) regarding Self Defense, especially Self Defense with Deadly Force (firearm or what ever weapon, but a firearm for sure indicates Deadly Force and has many restrictions as to when you can or can't use it or even when you can or can't show it)

I have a growing interest in the subject (Self Defense and Legal Aspects of it) to the point of searching the Internet for information, ordering a set of DVDs (7 of them) regarding Concealed Carry which includes some information on the legal aspects, and ordering the book "Laws of Self Defense" by Andrew Blanca.

Having discovered Andrew's book and then the Program (there is membership of varying cost and degree of information as well as some FREE information (like Wednesday 30 min programs regarding Court Cases). I am so far only involved in the FREE stuff except for the book which was like $20 something including shipping on a special offer that included a DVD with the 10 mistakes folks make). You can find the book on AMAZON, but not in a library.

Today, I received an E Mail to take a 10 question Self Defense test. Missed one that I should have known. You get an E Mail score after taking the test and then another E Mail giving the correct answers.

I am Including the E Mail Information that leads you to the test. I assume you will be able to click the link to take the test.

Andrew Branca <support@lawofselfdefense.com>
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018
Subject: QUIZ! Test your self-defense law knowledge!
To; Paul

Hey folks,

FYI, I'm running a self-defense law quiz in partnership with the Concealed Carry Podcast and Guardian Nature (Jacob Paulson and Riley Bowman, great guys both), and the results so far have been more than a little alarming, as discussed in our last Patreon blog post (https://www.patreon.com/posts/18583405).

To take the quiz yourself, point your browser to:   selfdefensequiz.com

As always, feel free to share that link on social media, internet gun forums, with friends and family, to help us continue to grow the Law of Self Defense community!

GOOD LUCK! :-) Stay safe!

Andrew

Attorney Andrew Branca
Law of Self Defense LLC
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 09:45:37 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
A bit more information on these two U-Tube  Links from Andrew Branca and Massad Ayoob.

From either of those - you can pick other U-Tube's discussing the subject. 

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: Laws of Self Defense are Very Complicated and Not To Be Taken Lightly
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 02:54:40 pm »
Along with Carry of Firearm for Self Defense comes a chance of a legal prosecution and hundreds of thousands of dollars for your Bail Bond, Lawyers, Expert Witnesses, etc.

One way to protect your self from that is to really know the LAWS of SELF DEFENSE and to not make a mistake in the Heat of the Moment when you use a Firearm (brandish or shoot and kill someone). That said, even study and practice (think about) what you would do in an event and DO EVERYTHING right, you might still be prosecuted.

SOOOOO, there are organizations (businesses) that provide insurance thru membership that will cover you if prosecuted for self defense. One of those is CCWSAFE.

They recently handled a case for Maddox who was being charged for murder when it was Self Defense. Had Maddox not been a CCWSAFE Member and had their help, he would likely be in jail (not able to fund a defense).

HERE IS HIS STORY: An interesting story involved from a member conflict in a MC Club.

https://ccwsafe.com/blog/29480