Author Topic: Love Valley, NC Old West, No Cars -- I'm Not Planning a Ride (Destination INFO)  (Read 91 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
Interesting story. It'd be fun to check out but I prefer my steeds to be of the two-wheeled variety.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Interesting story. It'd be fun to check out but I prefer my steeds to be of the two-wheeled variety.

Kick starting might be a whole new ball game.

CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Kick starting is helped with spurs.

That said, I seldom used spurs. I dd have a pair that was U shaped to slip between boot heel and boot upper (no straps).

One thing different is had four contacts with the ground VS two to take care. Change tread about every 5 weeks or so. Sometimes did not need anything except trim and file if not on gravel or pavement. 

That farrier (also used as ferrier) at work was me doing the horse (Star in two pictures) that I sold to the couple.

Star suffered a bad injury to right rear leg (a cut in a friend's pasture) that took a lot of daily care for weeks. Star came out ride able and sound.

That said, I had seen enough of taking care of a horse (whether you rode or not and not a lot of places to ride). Care involves monthly board and feed, vets, farrier (me at least saved there). So, all that, I got out of the horse business (ownership). Only business end of it for me was farrier work on mostly friends horses and that got to be too many.   

Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)