Author Topic: Honda delivery  (Read 60 times)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Honda delivery
« on: August 28, 2018, 12:17:43 pm »
Rose and I have just returned from a trip to Columbus MS and Columbus GA. In Mississippi we were able to see daughter and grand daughter Beth and Meagan before they headed back to Germany.  I was also able to meet up with college professor and old friend Tom Velek who I was lucky enough to persuade to go riding with me. He rolled out his Sportster and knew a good route to a local park on the Tombigbee River.  We had a good time both on the ride and catching up on things over a cold adult beverage. Thanks Tom! After leaving Columbus MS it was off to Columbus GA to deliver the little Honda CM400 to another old friend from Seattle, Deb Schlawin, who is temporarily working there and needed transportation. In return for the small favor of a bike loan she took Rose and I out to a stupidly expensive dinner. (My steak alone cost $44) Good food indeed but the bill made me wince. At least she let me cover the tip. Then it was over to Ft. Benning to take care of some business and then off for home. Driving through Atlanta was only medium crazy this time and so we made it home by late afternoon. Boy, were the cats glad to see us! And we were glad to see them, at least until we saw what the youngster Bo had been getting into while we were gone.

Ian, why did you feed Bo my mail?

Here are some photos:

Me riding the little Honda at the Gap last year

Another view of the bike at my house

The T-37 on a stick at the highway turn off for Columbus AFB.  I can remember working on 914 in the late 90's.

In from of base billeting at Columbus AFB, MS

Rose trying to stay in touch as a Denny's in Columbus, GA.

Back at home plate with a strangely empty trailer.

CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT