Author Topic: PAULRIDEs Sep 20 - Sort of a follow up to Creekside and Elk View Report  (Read 48 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
A follow up as I went back to Creekside for a BKF (Omelette was OK and Coffee). Big crowd wen I arrived late (about 10:30AM), that left before I finished (only 2 locals left disusing politics).

Anyway, I will shorten the post on this ride but hope to show the roads around Creekside Market after you go over the bridge beside the market. Then another group of roads that I thought were new to me (turned out I had ridden them before as I later realized). The roads are from Hwy 90 back to Hwy 25W.

Then decided to return home by Helms Ferry once I verified the Ferry was running when I returned to LaFollette, TN and got some $2.38 per gallon gas.   

I again took mostly interstate getting north quickly to get to Creekside before BKF ended. had a bit of fog (dense once, but could see to ride) and did a loop off of hwy 25 back to Hwy 25 before Creekside market.

First pictures show part of the route to Creekside market and the Market stop. The Last pictures show the roads behind Creekside (after I crossed the bridge over the creek and back to the bridge to stinking creek)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:15:44 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: PAULRIDEs Sep 20 - Sort of a follow up to Creekside and Elk View Report
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:22:07 am »
Moving onto some of the other roads on the route back home -- mostly this reply deals with the Hwy 90 loop back to Hwy 25W.  :happypep

Also a stop at B & B Deli once back on Hwy 25W, just to check it out. I did have an not needed coffee. Popular little place also and been there since 1941. 

A bit of history at B & B (pictures I took of pictures on their walls show some of that).  :21
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:37:17 am by PAULRIDES »

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 08:33:29 am »
Finally, the trip home includes a few pictures going to Helmes Ferry (a crossing used frequently and I have posted many pictures in the past reports).

So, just a few to show the new road in there and how the crossing looked on this day (beautiful is the word).    :21

By the way the road on north side of the Ferry is in excellent shape (been repaved), but did loose a lot of character it had with the rough and bumpy surface.

First are two scenic picture from Hwy 63 going toward Speedwell, TN where you turn south to the Ferry. Hwy 63 is a boring straight road, but has scenery with the mountains to the north.

One last picture is taken from Hwy 61 going from Hwy 33 to Luttrell, TN. Cattle on a hill under the shade on a hot day (near 90F).

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 05:59:02 am »
As hot as it's been lately I think I might have tried swimming across just to cool down instead of using the ferry.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT