Author Topic: Coornering -- I know we are all EXPERTS, but maybe you ARE and maybe you AIN'T  (Read 1722 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Maybe you ARE and Maybe you AIN'T  - I see a lot of folks riding the inside of all curves.

This is the best info I have seen on Cornering in terms of easy understanding. When you consider that most single vehicle MC accidents result on corners (curves) - it is worth while advice.  

It is better than anything from any of the four MC Courses I have taken. Proper cornering has of course been discussed in classes (Outside, Inside, Outside - Delayed Apex, etc.). However, except for the Advanced Class where we had considerable discussion - most of the time it was limited.  

http://www.soundrider.com/archive/safety-skills/RS-cc2.htm
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:47:42 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
What a great article! :like

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
great read!!!
81 gl1100....

Offline SilverZZR

• www.tnmountaintours.com
  • True Member
  • Suzuki FTW!!!
    • Brothers Cabin Staining
Yes great read ... but will be moved to the educational sections once it hits page 2 ... we like to keep all helpful information in one area so its easy to find :)
Dustin
2013 GSX-R1000
ETB Founder

www.tnmountaintours.com

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Yes great read ... but will be moved to the educational sections once it hits page 2 ... we like to keep all helpful information in one area so its easy to find :)

I did not look hard enough in searching for where to put it. :-(
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
its all good paul. great post
81 gl1100....

Offline SilverZZR

• www.tnmountaintours.com
  • True Member
  • Suzuki FTW!!!
    • Brothers Cabin Staining
yeah didnt mind a bit that u posted it in open forum ... more exposure on a helpful topic. Only takes 2 seconds to move something so its no big deal at all. Thanks for finding it and posting it.
Dustin
2013 GSX-R1000
ETB Founder

www.tnmountaintours.com